May has absolutely flown by; caught up in bank holidays, and half-term holidays, all while still trying to get used to our new routine after Easter.
Since Easter, my youngest’s nursery hours have increased from 6 hours each week, to 16 hours, and it’s been absolute bliss! I’ve managed to do actual adult things; like spending all morning writing at a coffee shop!
Let’s have a look at how I’ve done with my goals for the month:
- Complete first draft of current WIP. I am not quite there, but I am so close. Literally just a couple of more chapters to write. I’ll call that a semi-win!
- Maintain podcast schedule. Still going strong!
- Organise newsletter swaps for May boxset promotion. I managed to get 8 newsletter swaps for my boxset, which was really good considering the tight timing schedule on it. And, thus far, the sale is going fantastically well!
- Plan giveaway. I did a boxset giveaway on Instagram which, to be honest, didn’t garner the results I’d hoped for. It was great, and there was lots of enthusiasm, but the reach wasn’t as good as I’d have liked. Ho hum. Lots of lessons learnt, and that’s what matters.
I can’t quite believe that I’m already looking forward to June, and it’s set to be a super busy month, with big, BIG plans.
Goals for June:
- Finish current WIP, edit, and send to beta readers
- Order cover for current WIP
- Set publishing date for current WIP
- Worldbuild for co-authoring project
- Start worldbuilding for next series
- Set up streaming schedule
- Set up website-based book sales
Blimey! Yep, it’s gonna be a busy, busy month!
How did you do with your goals for May? Join the Got Goals? Bloghop here.