This month, I’ve been writing a prequel novella to my Memory Trader series, The Stray, as part of Camp NaNoWriMo. As you can see, I’m well on track for hitting my 20k target.
Which, I thought, would largely see the book finished. It won’t. This is a bigger story than I expected it to be. And so, I shall continue on into August.
Let’s take a look at the goals I set for July:
- Complete Camp NaNo to 20k word target. I will be completing this (hopefully today!)
- Finish first run of edits on The Settling. Done.
- Finish setting up website-based book sales. I haven’t done any more on this, but, hey, there’s still time!
With five weeks of the summer holidays stretching before me, I’m meant to be cutting back on work through August, but I seem to keep giving myself more to do!
Main goals are:
- Complete first draft of The Stray.
- Edit The Stray and prepare for publication.
- Release The Stray.
- Finish setting up website-based book sales.
How did you do with your July goals? Have you been taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo? Join the Got Goals? Bloghop here.